Iowa Lady Loves The Ocean

Iowa Lady Loves The Ocean

Monday, September 05, 2005

Fall - Full of Changes


The long weekend is just about over. Along with my scheduled time off from work. I go back to the workplace early tomorrow morning. Early means rising at 430 a.m. to be on the job at 6 a.m. Part of me is dreading it and another part knows it's time to get back into a routine. I have been off since mid July. So I have had several weeks of no structure. Sleeping, eating, doing whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. I had plans to accomplish so much. I did get some things done. But not near enough. My next scheduled time off is in January. By mid October or November I will be counting down the days until my next leave. I am hoping and praying that there will be enough work in my department that I can be kept busy until January. Otherwise the next few months could be very long and very boring. I don't mind working or being at work when there is work to be done. But if I have to be shuttled all around to different departments or even sit day after day waiting for work to appear. I hate that. So I will pray for continious work flow until the end of December. When I plan to take a weeks vacation right after Christmas.

I had a pretty good weekend. I spent some time Friday night watching movies with friends and eating pizza. Saturday night I went with my sister and niece to the new Robert Redford movie. Yesterday I went to the Riverboat with my Sister and BI to do some gambling. Much to my dismay I didn't win anything. I was up at one point $50. But I ended up putting $30 of that back in. I came home with $20. I took $40. It really could have been alot worse. I had my ATM card with me to get more money but could not find an ATM. The good lord was taking care of me. Knowing I did not need to spend another penny. Tonight I am home with my son watching movies. We are on our 3rd movie. So far they have all sucked. We watched "Sin City", " Constantine " and now " XXX - State of the Union ". I am not paying much attention to this last one. Although it might be the best of the 3.

The first week in September tells me fall is here. My favorite time of year. I love the cool evenings and early mornings. Football season has started. Not that I pay much attention to that anymore. Some of the leaves on the trees are already starting to change here. It seems way to early for that. I love spending more time outside right now. Taking a book and pulling out my comfy chair and just forget about everything for awhile and get lost in the book. The sights, the sounds, the smells, I love to just take it all in.

I plan to start pushing myself to stick to my budget harder now that I am returning to work. I have been doing pretty good. But one slip up can wipe away all the good work. I have cut back on some things I don't really need - saving some money. NOW .. I just need to keep myself from shopping for things I don't need. I want that vacation at the end of December really bad. So I have to stay in check.

I am looking forward to TV's New Fall Season. I don't think I am a TV addict. But I like it when the new shows start. I can stay home and stay out of trbuble if I can find something on TV to watch. Not that I go out much but every little bit helps when you are trying to save money. Yeah, my life is pretty boring and uneventful at times. But that is fine. It's my life and I am fine with it.

I guess I will go curl up with my book. Hopefully I can fall asleep at a reasonable hour so I won't be dead tired when the alarm rings at 430 a.m. Hopefully I can stay awake at work tomorrow. I am used to cat naps in the afternoon. Stay tuned.

Ciao for now ...
~ Diva'

No comments: