Iowa Lady Loves The Ocean

Iowa Lady Loves The Ocean

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Thursday .... so MAD!!!

I am so angry. I had a nice long entry ready to post here with photos and all and I lost it. When I went to upload it, it took me out of the template and said my blog could not be found. GRRRRRR. Not that I had anything profound to share but I spent some time on the entry and then lost it. That would piss anyone off. Right?

I was just saying I had almost made it through the first week back to work. Pretty uneventful. I managed to keep busy all week. Busy is always good. For when we aren't busy the boss tends to want to ship us out of our department to do manual labor. For which I was NOT hired for. I do computer work. I came looking for this job after having suffered a major back injury while doing factory work for 15 yrs. I was hired to sit behind a computer and use my typing skills and my brain. Not work out in the warehouse packing and stacking boxes that weigh between 20-50 or more pounds. The company knew of my injury before they hired me over 10 years ago. Yet everytime things slow down they want to ship me to another area. Well, I fear re-injury. It's a very real thing for me. I need my job. I try to accommidate as much as possible but I have to think of my future. My back is not in good shape. I still have flare ups several times a year. That is bad enough to deal with. I don't want anything worse happening. So when things get slow I pray they can come up with data entry work or phone work. I know I should just be thankful I have a job. I just hope I can continue to be thankful it is a job I can do.

I am thankful for so much right now. I feel for the hurricane victims. I wish there was something I could do. They are in my prayers. I truly am blessed with so much. A roof over my head, a bed to lay my head on. Food to eat. A job that pays fairly well. Decent health. A loving family and friends. Yes, I am very Thankful.

It does not feel much like fall lately. It has been very hot and humid. I am still running my air. I look forward to shutting it off and being able to have the windows open all the time. I love the cool crisp mornings of fall with heavy dew. Already the days seem shorter. Getting dark sooner. I wish I could take a long weekend road trip. I guess I will have to do that in my mind. I am saving for the trip to Florida in December.


I guess I will stop here and try one more time to upload this. Then get ready for bed and curl up with my book and the cats.

Ciao for now ....

~ Diva

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.