Iowa Lady Loves The Ocean

Iowa Lady Loves The Ocean

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Sunday


I know it has been awhile since I have posted a personal message. And not always from lack of trying. The system sometimes does not work with me here and it prevents me from posting. I am hoping tonight I won't have that problem.

Here we are in the month of February. Where did the last two months go? I barely remember the New Year starting. And I am not sure how I feel the year is starting out. I think I feel numb. I am still working. I wasn't sure that was going to be the case. My job was due to end at the end of 05' but that has been extended. Hopefully until October 06'. So that is some what of a relief. Right now I am off on my part of my 3 month leave. ( I only work 9 months out of the year. 1 month off in the winter and 2 months off in the summer.) I go back to work February 27th. And I have no idea what I am going back too. I pray there will be work for us all. Spring is usually a busy time for us. And our department has been cut down to more than half it's usual size. So I hope we can all be kept busy.

My health seems to finally be in a holding pattern. I am doing well with the medicine. The weight loss stopped. That does not make me happy. I have battled a weight problem all my life so I would be very happy to lose more weight. Right now I am just concentrating on eating healthy and being able to eat and not having any problems after. I am doing much better. Now I need to get more exercise. I have been walking twice a day ( morning / afternoons ). But I think I need more exercise. I need to make the scale MOVE.

I was really hoping to have gone to Florida during this month. But that isn't going to be possible. My money situation will not allow it. So hopefully June or July for sure. Of course I can't go alone. I have to have my beach mate and sister. She is getting married this summer so we have to go and have BIG OLD TIME. We had a great time last time. Not sure we can top it. But I know it will be great just the same. That is a trip I will never forget. I miss my beach mate Ginger. It sucks living this far apart.

My life is getting back to normal as far as socializing again. Saturday I went out with friends to the movies. We saw "Final Destination # 3". It is not normally the type of movie I go for but I give in once and awhile and see something out of the ordinary. I wanted to see "Firewall" the new Harrison Ford movie. So maybe this next weekend we can see it.

I have been reading a lot the last few months. During January I read 12 books. I seem to be stuck on murder mysteries. Every once in awhile I throw in a romance or two. I am currently reading "Predator" by Patricia Cornwell. It has been kind of slow. But I am determined to finish it. I have the new James Patterson book waiting for me at the library. "The 5th Horseman". I hope it's as good as the last one "Mary Mary".

Ok I think I have caught up a little here. So I will stop. And I won't promise to come right back tomorrow. But I will try to come back soon.

Ciao for now ....


Diva in Iowa

No comments: