Iowa Lady Loves The Ocean

Iowa Lady Loves The Ocean

Friday, August 19, 2005

Friday ... The cat children


It is truly a Cat's Life I swear. They have it made don't they?
I wish I could get inside their heads and know what they are thinking. I have 4 of these creatures. All with very different personalities. And lately they have been driving me crazy. You see I get up very early when I am working. Usually I am up at 430am to be to work by 6am.Well, they have a schedule. They want to be fed at that time no matter what. I have been off work ( on leave ) for just about 4 weeks now. No matter what I do to try to change their habit of waking me up that early... I can't.
Even on weekends. You see if you don't get up and feed them .. it's hell to pay. They start getting into things they shouldn't. They knock books off the book shelves on my head. They walk on my head. They bring things to me. At 430 even 530 am heck even 630 am it does not put me in a happy mood. And Now ... they have figured out where the Cat treats are and if I don't get up. Then they get up on the counter and open the cabinet door and go after the cat treats. Can you say spoiled. I created monsters. I love my cats everyone of them. Squeek you see here, and there is Marley, Rosie and Sammy. Each with very different personalities. Squeek and Marley are the men of the house. Marely is also a talker. He walks around meowing... talking to himself.That is when I wish I knew cat language. I am sure I would be shocked. The other two are Sammy ( the oldest) a black female, and Rosie ( the freak ) she has the biggest eyes I have ever seen. And she is kind of spooky. She is also the most timid of them all. She is little by nature. She is the first one to hide when people come by. But come bed time she is the first one in my bed to cuddle with me. And she always has to sleep very close to my head. I love my cats ( kids). Sometimes I am truly fascinated by them. I know if I lived in the country I would have alot more of them. Right now I get harrassed because I have 4. I am the crazy cat lady. I know other people that love cats but find it hard to have more than one. I wouldn't give up any of them. Sammy is the oldest, then Squeek, Roise, and then Marley. I just need to figure them out. I wonder if there is a Cat whisperer out there. I could use one. Marley is walking around talking to himself now. If I go and sit in the recliner he will come and cuddle and sleep in my lap. It's tough to try to read the newspaper these days. I swear when I sit down and pick up the paper it is a cue for all of them to come sit with me. And Rosie always sits in the middle of the paper. Making it impossible to read.
They are truly just like kids. Especially when they decide to start playing. Chasing each other through the house. Or dumping all the cat toys out of the basket. Too bad they don't know how to pick them up. And guess what they are all doing now? Sleeping. It's been a rough morning. After all they have been up since 430am. It truly is a Cat's Life.
I love my Cats ( children).
Ciao for now
~ Diva'

No comments: