Iowa Lady Loves The Ocean

Iowa Lady Loves The Ocean

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Tuesday - February 28, 2006



I am back after a short break. Not intentional the break I mean. I have just been busy. I went back to work on Monday Feb. 27th. So I have only been back two days. First day back my boss notified me of my raise. I got a lot more than I expected. A big surprise considering I didn't even think I would still be working at this point. And then today he told us that we will be getting a $300 bonus because the company did well last year. First time I have ever received a bonus in the 11+ years I have worked there. It makes me wonder. Last spring they were telling us our jobs would be eliminated by the end of 2005. Believe me I am just fine still being employed. I like my job. And it will be hard to go somewhere and start over after 11+ years and make the comparable wage. So please God if you are listening. I am liking these surprises.And the best one would be if we were told our jobs are secure. I would give up the raise and the bonus for security.

We have had crazy weather lately. It's hard to tell if it's spring or winter. The last 4 days have been amazingly warm 50 degrees. No sunshine today. But all weekend and up until yesterday we had bright sunshine too. It has been great. It makes me long for Florida even more. Iowa winters usually suck. And the month of December was making it look like it was going to be a bad Iowa winter but January showed something different. And February was even better. Let's hope March is even better.

I am feeling restless lately. I want to do something with my life. I have the bookstore still in my mind. But I think I also want to get some training in some area. Probably medical. Like Medical transcription or Medical Billing or Coding. With that training I could get a job most anywhere. I am thinking I would really like to move. Not sure where. But I want some new scenery. Ideally Florida would be the first choice. Right now I am working on paying off some bills and getting more financially secure. Then the thought of moving feels better. So I would just have the basics to take care of. I think I could live pretty simply. I would like to try.

I have been doing a lot of reading in the last few months. I just finished "The 5th Horseman" by James Patterson. It was good but not as good as his last two. Now I am reading some good old fashion smut. " Lovers and Players" by Jackie Collins. Up until about two years ago I had read all of her books. Then I took a break for awhile. So this is kind of new after reading a steady stream of murder mysteries. Aw .. variety the spice of life. It Keeps things interesting. Maybe I will start listing what I am reading when I post. I am keeping track of all the books I read this year. I am doing much better this year so far. I read 14 books in the month of January. That is a lot for me. I go in spurts. I so love to read to relax.





I need to update my reading list of blogs here. I read a lot of different ones and enjoy them. I like bloggers that are pretty regular at posting. Even though I am so not one of those. I try and try but sometimes it's just out of my hands. I am sure everyone is like that at some point. Two of my favorites are http://www.willa.com and http://www.mugajava.com two very different ladies. Two great blogs. I need to get them added to my list. I have been reading them for a long time. I am very sad when Dee @ mugajava.com does not post for awhile. She has her own bookstore. And I love hearing about it. And she cooks some great stuff and shares the recipes with her readers. Willa is an avid reader and lists her reads and she also knits and is a cat lover like myself. If you are reading this check them out. You won't be disappointed.

I am going to stop here and go and watch Oprah. I will be back soon.


Ciao
~Diva


- Reading: Lovers and Players by Jackie Collins
- Last book read: The 5th Horseman by James Patterson



No comments: