Iowa Lady Loves The Ocean

Iowa Lady Loves The Ocean

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Sunday - March 5th, 2006


Wow, what a difference a day makes. Yesterday it was 55 degrees. Today we have snow on the ground. And it's sleeting as I write this. Iowa weather sucks. One of the many reasons that moving to Florida sounds so good.

I went to Curves yesterday and did my work out. It felt so good. I think I am going to like it. Then I came back and did some housework. Including stripping my bed and putting on fresh clean sheets and adding some linen spray. I then jumped on line and checked my mail. And by that time I had the fever to get out and walk. The sun was shinning bright. It was nice and warm with a slight breeze. I put my head phones on and walked and walked and walked. Before I realized it I had been walking for almost 2 hours. And I wasn't even tired. The fresh air felt so damn good. I came back home and had a late lunch. Read some of my book and then put in one of my netflix movies "Just Like Heaven" with Reese Witherspoon. It was a cute little movie. After that I had the urge to get outside again. So I went out and picked up my yard. And I couldn't stand it anymore. I came back in and got my headphones and went out walking again. I was only about an hour this time. The sun was starting to go down and it was getting colder. But it still felt good. All the walking I have been doing helps me sleep better at night. I think it's the fresh air. I was drifting off to sleep in the chair early in the evening but I fought it and stayed up until around 10pm. And then I slept in this morning until around 830. That is late for me. My fresh clean sheets felt so darn good. Along with my 4 cuddling Cats. I don't have much on my agenda today. Since the weather isn't very good. At least right now. Who knows what the afternoon might bring. I would like to get out and walk for awhile at some point. I am definitely not going to be going shopping. I am trying to keep myself from spending any unnecessary money. So I am staying out of the stores. I will need to go to the grocery store at some point today. I am out of milk. And my son will be here this afternoon ( our usual every other Sunday thing ). So I need to get some ice cream and some cheese and extra stuff to add to the pizza. We have a pizza night every other Sunday night he has off. We watch movies and eat pizza and talk. Something I always look forward too.

I do hope to get time in for reading. I am still reading "Lovers and Players" by Jackie Collins. I have 10 books out from the library. I have to get busy. Several are due back on March 13th. I know I can't conquer all of them by then. I will give it a good effort.
I better get my day started. Wow two postings in row. Is that a record for me or what? I hope to keep it up.

Ciao for now.


~Diva in Iowa

No comments: