Iowa Lady Loves The Ocean

Iowa Lady Loves The Ocean

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Sunday -July 2nd, 2006


Next week at this time we will be on the beach in Florida. I am so excited. I did a trial run on packing yesterday. I am pretty sure I am going to get away with just 1 big suitcase for this trip. Other years I have taken 2 and come home with 3. Not this year. I vowed to not have to carry that much this time. Our condo has a washer and dryer so I am really not going to need that much for a weeks stay. I am taking 3 swim suits. I have 6 I found out yesterday. I didn't realize that. But I tried them all on and only 2 possibly 3 really look ok to wear since I have lost weight. I bought a new one just recently, a 2 piece. My very first ever 2 piece suit.

This
will be a short week at work. We have Monday and Tuesday off for the 4th of July holiday. So I will be working Wed, Thurs., and half a day on Friday. I hope it goes fast. There will only be 3 out of 9 of us in the office so I hope we aren't overloaded. I am sure it will be quiet but busy. Busy will be good.

Yesterday was a great day. I spent the day with 3 girlfriends. We first went to the IMAX theater to see "Posiden" with Kurt Russell. It was awesome on that huge theater. Then we went back my girlfriend Tammy's house. We just hung around the pool and had fun talking and laughing for hours. And then about 7pm. Tammy's hubby went and got us some pizza and we ate that all up and laughed and talked some more. It was a great day. And the being in the pool felt great. I was very tired when I got home.

I don't really have any plans for today. I need to do housework. I have movies from Netflix to watch. I have a list of things I need to pick up for the trip. But I think I am going to wait until Thursday or Friday to do that. That might keep me from spending unnecessary money. I am going to try to stay on budget while on vacation. But I won't be extremely strict about it. I will just be careful. NO unnecessary purchases. And we can have food at the condo so that will cut the expense of eating out a lot. This is a vacation for relaxation.

I hope to be on Sanibel Island next week at this time looking for shells. I will update again before I leave if I have time.

Ciao for now.

No comments: