Iowa Lady Loves The Ocean

Iowa Lady Loves The Ocean

Sunday, August 07, 2016

Sunday ....


Sunday Morning... One more day until the dreaded Monday. Why do the weekends go by so quickly. They never seem long enough. That's life. I hope I live long enough to get to enjoy retirement and there comes a day where there is no worry about a new work week. I would love days of just reading, blogging, taking long walks ( on the beach of course) afternoon naps. Eating whenever, sleeping whenever I felt like. I do some of that now but there is always Monday looming overhead. 

I must say I think If I was happy in my job I would feel so much different. I had a job for 18 years that I enjoyed waking up and going too. But companies change  and the department I worked in was relocated and I didn't feel I could justify the drive for the pay. I now realize I made a huge mistake. Hindsight is 20/20. And I know there would have been a lot of changes had I not retired from that job early. But I think I would have weathered them better with the friendships I had developed over the 18 years. My current job allows me to work at home. But it is a highly stressful job. And the company has no respect for it's employees. I will be with this company 2 years on 08/18/16.  And sad to say I am on the hunt for a new job. All the jobs I have had in my life have been long lasting ones. Prior to the last job the one before that I was there 18+ years. 

A lot to accomplish today. And so little ambition to do it. Another very restless night last night. I am having so much pain with my shoulder. I do pretty well during the day but at night when I lay my head down to rest the pain becomes unbearable. Even with pain medicine. Around 3 a.m. it gets to the point I have to get out of bed. Some nights I just sit and cry the spasms in my shoulder and arm are that extreme. I have seen the MD. But she said I have to go through 6 wks of PT before she can order an MRI. Good Lord. I want to cut my arm off now. Tomorrow I am going to call the PT place I have gone to in the past and try to set something up that will match with my current work schedule. My schedule is crazy sometimes. It's not going to be easy. I may just have to use some hours of PTO. The job does not like that.  Oh well. Then adjust my schedule instead of swinging in from day to day. Set at one time and leave it. I can start my day between 7-8 a.m any given day. So tomorrow I start at 7 a.m. the next day it maybe at 8am.the next day maybe 7:45 a.m.  Why can't I work a straight 7:30 -3:30 so that I can schedule appointments.  PT closes at 5 pm. it's a 20 minute drive. A session is an hour. Nope can't make an employee's life easy. They SUCK!!!

Major Chores today Included but not limited too:

Clean cat litter boxes and refill
Do Laundry
Clean the bathrooms 
Clean the Kitchen 
Scrub the floors
Repot Plants
Vacuum 
Sweep the porch 
Change sheets on bed

I think that covers my tasks for today. Nothing unmanageable except if you have a left shoulder that is killing you. So I will take some pain meds and " Get ER Done".

Hopefully if I can get all of that done I can reward myself with a few hours of reading time. I am currently reading "Trouble Maker" by Linda Howard. And I have a big stack of books to be read from the Library. Which means I better get busy. I need to run by there today. I have a movie I requested available. 

That is my life in a nutshell for today. I better get busy. 
Have a blessed Sunday. 

https://www.facebook.com/MariannesPeaceoftheBeach/videos/774431922659692/

No comments: