Iowa Lady Loves The Ocean

Iowa Lady Loves The Ocean

Friday, July 29, 2005

A Lot of Things Different - One of my favorite Kenny Songs


A Lot of Things Different

-sung by Kenny Chesney

-Lyrics by Bill Anderson

I’da spent a lot more time in the pouring rain
without an umbrella covering my head,
And I’da stood up to that bully when he pushed

and called me names, but I was afraid,
And I’da gone on and saw Elvis the night he came to town,
but Mama said I couldn’t,
And I’da went skinny dippin’ with Jenny Carson
that time she dared me to, but I didn’t,
Oh, I’da done a lot of things different …

I wish I’d spent more time with my Dad when he was alive,
now I don’t have the chance,
And I wish I had told my brother how much I loved him
before he went off to war, but I just shook his hand,
And I wish I’d gone to church on Sunday morning
when my Grandma begged me to, but I was afraid of God.
I wish I’d listened when they said,

“Boy you’re gonna wish you hadn’t,”
but I wouldn’t.

Oh, I’da done a lot of things different.
People say they wouldn’t change a thing even if they could,

but I would.

There was this red dress she wanted one time so bad she could taste it and
I shoulda bought it, but I didn’t,
She wanted to paint our bedroom yellow and trim it in blues and greens,

but I wouldn’t let her — wouldn’t have hurt nothin’.
She loved to held and kissed and touched, but I didn’t do it –
not nearly enough,
And if I’d known that dance was going to be our last dance,
I’d have asked that band to play on and on … on and on.

Oh, I’da done a lot of things different.
People say they wouldn’t change a thing even if they could,

But I would. I’da done lot of things different …
I think we’d all do a lot of things different.

No comments: